On average, roofs can last up to 20 years. However, accidents, weather conditions, and overloads can cause unexpected roof damage. Due to these factors, the homeowners have to do repairs before the expected lifespan. However, it’s hard to determine when it’s time to get your roof repaired or replaced if you don’t know the damage it can sustain. To help you know when to call the expert to repair or replace, here are the common types of roof damage.
Most homes’ roofs are clad with shingles. The material is long-lasting and can withstand UV rays, powerful winds, but if the weather conditions are harsh, they can cause some issues. Therefore, if you see the following, it’s time to call your roof contractor for roof repairs.
- Broken Shingles happen during extreme weather conditions, and replacement is necessary.
- Splitting Shingles-It happens when they expand then contract due to temperature changes.
- Shrunk shingles- It happens due to bad weather and aging.
- Curled or Lifted shingles- Shingles can curl inwards or outwards due to excess heat or insufficient moisture. It causes the edges to lift, and water may seep underneath, which can cause problems.
- Granule loss- As your shingles get old, they lose granules; therefore, if you notice granules take action.
Roof experts utilize roof flashing like zinc alloy or galvanized steel to direct water away from walls, ducts, dormers, and additional areas. Sadly some professionals may miss sealing an area that causes flashing curls that let water in. On the other hand, others may use low-quality materials that are easy to break to save on costs.
To avoid this, you can get the best roofing companies from Fort Collins, CO, for your roof repair.
Gutters are made to drain water. However, it can catch anything else from dead insects, twigs, and leaves, which can clog them. Due to this fact, you should clean them two to four times a year, mostly in spring and fall. Failure to do this debris will clog the drain and prevent free water flow through the gutters. If the gutter is not draining water well, it accumulates on the roof, causing rotting. The water can cause the gutter to collapse, so you need to repair it.
Leaking Roofs Repair
When your roof leaks, it means there is damage. Sometimes it might be easy to point, but other times it can develop and be hardly noticeable. Immediately you notice your roof is leaking, call for roof repair experts. You can get some of the best and most experienced in Fort Collins, CO.
If you notice these problems with your roof, know it’s time to get inspected and repaired. Always go for experienced and well-trained experts to sort out the problems.