Here at Blue Frog Roofing Ltd. we understand that the process of filing and collecting on an insurance claim can be both difficult and time consuming. While this article won’t give you exact answers to your insurance related questions (those are usually best answered by a representative from your insurance company), we CAN help you to understand what the process looks like when you work with our company.
- We Do the Work For You. One of the many services Blue Frog Roofing Ltd. offers is our insurance supplementation service. With your approval, we will work with your insurance company on your behalf . To start, we will provide you with a document to fill out regarding your insurance policy and its coverage in relation to your roof. * This gives you the opportunity to call your insurance company and obtain the necessary details for a clear understanding of coverage. This can be done before or after an insurance claim is filed.
- Meeting Your Adjuster. In some cases, our roof technicians may have the opportunity to meet with your insurance adjuster on site. This is usually the case when you call us to inspect your roof prior to filing an insurance claim. When the adjuster calls to schedule an inspection, simply let your roof technician know when that appointment will be. During that appointment, we take the time to ensure that your adjuster understands local city codes and addresses all the necessary requirements to get your roof replaced.
- Claim Review and Approval. Once your claim has been filed and approved, we will review the claim to ensure that all items required by local and international residential construction codes are addressed by your insurance company. Due to the wide variance from state to state and even city to city regarding roofing codes and requirements, it is not uncommon for your insurance company to miss a few of the details that are required by code for your roof replacement. If any items are found to be missing, we will, with your permission, work with your insurance company on your behalf to address these items.
- Releasing Insurance Funds. Initially, your insurance company will release the Actual Cash Value (ACV) amount to you for your claim, which is the value of your damaged items in their current state. As your insurance company approves any additional supplements, they may release additional funds for these supplemented items. If your policy has Replacement Cost Value (RCV) Coverage, insurance will release Recoverable Depreciation (remaining cash approved for completed repairs) upon completion of the project. *
- Project Completion and Invoicing. Upon project completion and finalization of supplement work with your insurance company, Blue Frog Roofing Ltd. will provide you with an invoice for work completed on your property. Any previous payments will be reflected on the invoice. Our invoices provide detailed explanations of the work completed and of your insurance estimate, leaving you with a clear understanding of what you are paying for.
While the insurance process can seem bit intimidating, we are here to help every step of the way. From filing claims to the releasing of insurance funds, we make every effort to help you understand the process along the way and ensure that you feel taken care of.
*Insurance policies and coverage amounts may differ. Blue Frog Roofing Ltd. cannot guarantee and is not responsible for your policy or its coverage of the contracted work or any items required by law. Please contact your insurance company for more details and a complete understanding of coverage for your policy. This post does not represent a guarantee of insurance coverage for contracted work. The information above is provided as a general overview of the process and may not be specific to your project.