Think roof design and technology haven’t changed much in the last 50 to 100 years?
With new residential roofing materials and innovative designs, the roofing industry is constantly rolling out better, more sustainable, and more aesthetic ways to cover your Longmont, CO home.
Whether you’re looking to upgrade or get a roof replacement, it’s important to stay informed about the latest advancements and trends. Remember, your roof is one of the most important elements of your home and can have a major impact on the overall aesthetic and curb appeal of your property.
Here are some of the latest trends in roofing technology and design:
- Solar roofing: Roofing companies say the focus on sustainability has increased the popularity of solar roofing. This type of roofing, while one of the more expensive options to install, incorporates solar panels into the design, allowing homeowners to generate their own electricity and potentially offset their energy costs in the long run.
- Green roofing: Another trend in sustainability is green roofing. This type of roofing typically uses vegetation and other features that can help reduce the heat island effect and improve the air quality. A green roof is a great choice for those who are environmentally conscious and looking to lower their energy bills.
- Metal roofs: As opposed to traditional roofing materials, this type of roofing is becoming popular for its durability and aesthetic appeal. Metal roofing materials can reflect heat and prevent snow from sticking, resulting in energy efficiency and cost-saving.
- Asymmetrical design: Asymmetrical designs are another increasingly popular option. This design adds visual interest and sleek lines to a roof and can uniquely make your home stand out.
- Skylights: Skylights are becoming more common in roofing design, as they can provide natural light to a room and save energy by reducing the need for artificial light. Skylights are great for both sloped roofs and flat roofs.
- Synthetic materials: Synthetic roofing materials, such as rubber and plastic, are trending because they’re lightweight and easy to install while also being a durable roofing material and resistant to extreme weather conditions. Synthetic shingles are a great choice for modern homeowners.
- Composite materials: The demand for composite materials, such as asphalt shingles, remains high. That’s due to their durability, energy efficiency, and ability to mimic the look of other materials, like wood or slate.
Stay on Top of Industry Trends!
Is it time to replace your roof? Or is it in need of repairs? Maybe you’re looking to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and for more energy savings through solar power or utilizing recycled materials. Different types of roofs are more energy efficient, while others provide stunning curb appeal and come in an array of colors.
Want to know what material is right for you? Start by checking out some of the latest advancements in roofing technology and roofing trends in the industry – and don’t forget to contact a professional roofing contractor to better understand the latest options.