No matter how well built your roof may be, it will not survive the test of time. Elements like weather, rust, drainage issues and biological growth at long last will damage your roofing.
But, with a commercial roof maintenance program, you have assured some peace of mind. That’s because you can fix minor problems before they become major and expensive issues.
Having an active program of inspections and upkeep for your commercial roof maintenance is your best solution. The benefits, as you’ll soon see, deliver a lot of good.
- Having a plan of maintenance and inspections reduces a lot of hassle. A commercial roofing project in Longmont, CO, can be a daunting task. Companies can incur employee relocation costs, have their employees lose work time, or temporarily close down to work on the costly roofing processes needed. But, with a commercial roof maintenance program for every six months or more, you will have little to no impact on your daily operations.
- With regular maintenance from commercial roof contractors, the costs of necessary repairs are minimized. That makes your work easier as it can sometimes be difficult to manage your budget due to major roofing services. Also, these minimal repairs can extend the lifespan of the roof.
- The roofing company or roofing inspector will make assessments of each element of your roofing assemblage. That way, they can make survey reports on any defects and the best proposal to work on those shortcomings.
- You get cleaning services if there’s any roof debris. That goes from unclogging waterways and roof drains to removing dirt build-up.
- Regular inspections can lead to discoveries of holes, penetrations, or membrane damage. Any openings in wall laps will have to be tightly sealed by caulking to prevent water from getting in. Also, all pipes will be checked and resealed if necessary.
- Things that need to be sealed can be double-checked. That includes electrical outlets, wall flashing, and vents. The seals can break down over time, so regular upkeep helps.
- You can get atop maintenance and inspections before and after rainy seasons. That way, you’ll have already put in place the necessary preventative measures. Also, a properly documented damage report will allow for a smoother claims process when dealing with your insurance company.
- Companies also get to maintain their roofing manufacturer’s warranty requirements.
- Most importantly, with a commercial roof maintenance program, there’s an accelerated response time in case of roofing emergencies.
Since the roof offers a protective covering for your employees and resources, you must devote and invest in it. A commercial roof maintenance program is only a preventative maintenance to help your roof function as it should. A professional inspection program is designed to shield you and your business.